Religious Thought 255


For pleasures come and go. How often I have watched their inconstancy! But I have forsaken good and bad, And now I am happy.
- Ashtavakra Gita 13:7
__._,_.___

Every time a problem arises, the essential thing is to immediately become aware that the problem comes from our selfish mind, that it is created by self-cherishing thoughts. As long as you put the blame outside yourself, there can be no happiness.
- Lama Zopa Rinpoche, "Transforming Problems Into Happiness"
__._,_.___

Whenever you are tempted by this world, picture a derelict covered with filth whose noxious odor is intolerable. Reviled you will shut your senses to the offensive sight. In the like manner, stay away from abomination of sin that may deface your purity. The Lord shall bless you with much bounty; therefore let not the cares of this world drive your peace away.
- Sheikh Abdul Qadir Jillani, "Fathul Ghaib
__._,_.___

“I will not fear, for You are ever with me, and You will never leave me to face my perils alone. ”

- Thomas Merton
__._,_.___

Very minor sins have led to great catastrophes, and for very minor good deeds, some met with enormous rewards.
- Seder Eliyahu Rabbah
__._,_.___

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

123

------------------------------
------------------------------ Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...