Religious Thought 195



"I am the food of life, I am, I am; I eat the food of life, I eat, I eat. I link food and water, I link, I link. I am the first-born in the universe; Older than the gods, I am immortal. Who shares food with the hungry protects me; Who shares not with them is consumed by me. I am this world and I consume this world. They who understand this understand life."
- Taittiriya Upanishad
__._,_.___

May I likewise attain the cutting-off of Craving and clinging. Whatever faults I have until I attain Liberation, May they quickly perish. Wherever I Am born, may there be An upright mind, mindfulness Wisdom, austerity and vigor. May harmful influences not weaken my Efforts. The Buddha is the unexcelled Protector, the Dharma is the Supreme protection, Peerless is the Silent Buddha, the Sangha is my true refuge. By the power of these Supreme Ones, May I rise above all ignorance.
- from Reflections on Sharing Blessings
__._,_.___

When your heart becomes a seat of secrets, you will come to your destination. Hide your innermost thoughts, said the Prophet, and you will attain your object of desire. Seeds are buried in the earth, but their innermost secrets bloom as an exquisite garden.
- Rumi
__._,_.___

"Why fit in when you were born to stand out?"
Dr. Seuss
__._,_.___

 
 
If I knew God, I would be God.
- Medieval Jewish proverb
__._,_.___

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

123

------------------------------
------------------------------ Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...