Religious Thought 20



Self-important, obstinate, swept away by the pride of wealth, they ostentatiously perform sacrifices without any regard for their purpose. Egotistical, violent, arrogant, lustful, angry, envious of everyone, they abuse my presence within their own bodies and in the bodies of others.
- Bhagavad Gita 16:1318
__._,_.___

Here he's tormented he's tormented hereafter. In both worlds the wrong-doer's tormented. He's tormented at the thought, 'I've done wrong.' Having gone to a bad destination, he's tormented all the more. Here he delights he delights hereafter. In both worlds the merit-maker delights. He delights at the thought, 'I've made merit.' Having gone to a good destination, he delights all the more.
- Dhammapada, 17-18, translated by Thanissaro Bhikkhu
__._,_.___

Strengthen me, my lord, for I am overcome with feebleness. Ennoble me once more, for I have been cast down. Sustain me, Lord, for I am impoverished.
- From the prayer book "Al-Hizbul-A'zam"
__._,_.___

Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation; the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
- Mark 14:38 (Revised Standard Version)
__._,_.___

A religious man is a person who holds God and man in one thought at one time, at all times, who suffers harm done to others, whose greatest passion is compassion, whose greatest strength is love and defiance of despair.
- Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel
__._,_.___

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

123

------------------------------
------------------------------ Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...