Religious Thought 275


I adore myself. How wonderful I am! I can never die. The whole world may perish, From Brahma to a blade of grass, But I am still here.
- Ashtavakra Gita 2:11
__._,_.___

Like a merchant with a small But well-laden caravan --a dangerous road, like a person who loves life --a poison, one should avoid --evil deeds.
- Dhammapada, 9, translated by Thanissaro Bhikkhu.
__._,_.___

“The falcon made the king's hand his joy, and became indifferent to the search for carrion. All animals from the gnat to the elephant are of the family of God and depend on Him for sustenance. What a sustainer is God!”
- Rumi
__._,_.___

“I'm thankful, Lord, that all the darkness in the world has never put out Thy light.”

- Unknown?
__._,_.___

“Once a man has committed a sin once and then a second time...it [appears to him that it] is permitted.”

- Babylonian Talmud, Yoma 86b
__._,_.___

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

123

------------------------------
------------------------------ Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...