Religious Thought 123



There is a city with eleven gates Of which the ruler is the unborn Self, Whose light forever shines. They go beyond Sorrow who meditate on the Self And are freed from the cycle of birth and death. For this Self is supreme!
- Katha Upanishad
__._,_.___

Feelings, whether of compassion or irritation, should be welcomed, recognized, and treated on an absolutely equal basis; because both are ourselves. The tangerine I am eating is me. The mustard greens I am planting are me. I plant with all my heart and mind. I clean this teapot with the kind of attention I would have were I giving the baby Buddha or Jesus a bath. Nothing should be treated more carefully than anything else. In mindfulness, compassion, irritation, mustard green plant, and teapot are all sacred.
- Thich Nhat Hanh, "Miracle of Mindfulness"
__._,_.___

Fear and hope are two pillars of faith. By practicing either one of them a person will not fall into error, because both fear and hope lead to union. Those who fear devote themselves to God through fear of separation from Him, and those who hope worship in hope of realizing the ultimate union.
- Al-Razi, "The Kashf al-Mahjub"
__._,_.___

Christ, the Lord, is risen today, Alleluia! Sons of men and angels say, Alleluia! Raise your joys and triumphs high, Alleluia! Sing, ye heavens, and earth, reply, Alleluia!
- Charles Wesley
__._,_.___

Moral action is the meeting place between the human and the divine.
- Leon Roth, "Jewish Thought...in Civilization"
__._,_.___

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

123

------------------------------
------------------------------ Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...