Religious Thought 088



The body will be turned by the power of the spiritual consciousness into a true and fit and perfectly responsive instrument of the Spirit.
- Sri Aurobindo
__._,_.___

Brute force, no matter how strongly applied, can never subdue the basic human desire for freedom and dignity. It is not enough, as communist systems have assumed, merely to provide people with food, shelter and clothing. Human nature needs to breathe the precious air of liberty.
- His Holiness the Dalai Lama
__._,_.___

Yet I realized that my only hope of attaining eternal bliss was by detaching myself from all worldly desires, and by honouring God in every aspect of my life. I knew that I had to leave the mansion of deception, and set out with all vigour towards the house of God. I had to turn away from wealth and position, and flee from all the worldly obligations that consumed my time.
- Ghazali, "al-Munqidh min ad-Dalal"
__._,_.___

It is only the impossible that is possible for God.
- Simone Weil
__._,_.___

The most effective antidote to temptation: shut the eyes.
- Ibn Gabirol, Mibhar HaPeninim
__._,_.___

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

123

------------------------------
------------------------------ Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...