Religious Thought 082



Mother of the Universe, I have no desire to exercise power. I would not even care to be an emperor. Sweet Mother, please grant me two simple meals each day and wealth enough to thatch the palm roof of my clean earthen house, where I offer dreaming and waking as red flowers at your feet
- Ramprasad
__._,_.___

If a man should conquer in battle a thousand and a thousand more, and another should conquer himself, his would be the greater victory, because the greatest of victories is the victory over oneself.
- Buddha
__._,_.___

"Should I tether my camel or trust in God alone?" a man asked the Prophet. "First tether your camel, then trust in God," the Prophet replied.
- Qushayri, "al-Risalat al-Qushayriyya"
__._,_.___

And I tell you, Ask, and it will be given you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For every one who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.
- Luke 11:9-10 (Revised Standard Version)
__._,_.___

Whether a man really loves God can be determined by the love he bears toward his fellow men.
- Levi Yitzhok, quoted in Buber, "Tales of the Hasidim"
__._,_.___

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

123

------------------------------
------------------------------ Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...