Religious Thought 50



The body trembles, The tongue falters, The mind is weary. Forsaking them all, I pursue my purpose happily. Knowing I do nothing, I do whatever comes my way, And I am happy.
- Ashtavakra Gita 13:2-3
__._,_.___

A blessing: the arising of Awakened Ones. A blessing: the teaching of true Dhamma. A blessing: the concord of the Sangha. The austerity of those in concord is a blessing.
- Dhammapada, 14, translated by Thanissaro Bhikkhu
__._,_.___

A Sufi was once engaged in prayer, when his cell caught fire. He did not stop praying for one moment. Afterwards, people asked him about this. He replied: The divine fire held my attention, so I could not attend to the fire in my cell.
- Qushayri, "Risalah"
__._,_.___

My heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee.
- St. Augustine
__._,_.___

Better one ounce of luck than a pound of gold.
- Yiddish proverb
__._,_.___

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

123

------------------------------
------------------------------ Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...