Religious Thought 34



The birth and dissolution of the cosmos itself take place in me. There is nothing that exists separate from me, Arjuna. The entire universe is suspended from me as my necklace of jewels.
- Bhagavad Gita 7:6-7
__._,_.___

Having applied himself to what was not his own task, and not having applied himself to what was, having disregarded the goal to grasp at what he held dear, he now envies those who kept after themselves, took themselves to task.
- Dhammapada, 16, translated by Thanissaro Bhikkhu.
__._,_.___

The most secure place to hide a treasure of gold is in some desolate, unoticed place. Why would anyone hide treasure in plain sight? And so it is said, "Joy is hidden beneath sorrow."
- Rumi
__._,_.___

Amazing grace, how sweet the sound That saved a wretch like me! I once was lost, but now am found; Was blind, but now I see.
- John Newton, "Amazing Grace"
__._,_.___

People's good deeds are used by the Eternal as seeds for planting trees in the Garden of Eden: thus, each of us creates our own Paradise.
- Rabbi Dov Baer, the Maggid of Mezeritz
__._,_.___

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

123

------------------------------
------------------------------ Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...