Religious Thought 17



To those steadfast in love and devotion I give spiritual wisdom, so that they may come to me. Out of compassion I destroy the darkness of their ignorance. From within them I light the lamp of wisdom and dispel all darkness from their lives.
- Bhagavad Gita 10:10-11
__._,_.___

When you ride in a boat and watch the shore, you might assume that the shore is moving. But when you keep your eyes closely on the boat, you can see that the boat moves. Similarly, if you examine myriad things with a confused body and mind you might suppose that your mind and nature are permanent. When you practice intimately and return to where you are, it will be clear that nothing at all has unchanging self.
- "Actualizing the Fundamental Point" by Zen Master Dogen
__._,_.___


Strengthen me, my lord, for I am overcome with feebleness. Ennoble me once more, for I have been cast down. Sustain me, Lord, for I am impoverished.
- From the prayer book "Al-Hizbul-A'zam"
__._,_.___


A religious man is a person who holds God and man in one thought at one time, at all times, who suffers harm done to others, whose greatest passion is compassion, whose greatest strength is love and defiance of despair.
- Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel
__._,_.___

You cannot see faith, but you can see the footprints of the faithful. We must leave behind "faithful footprints" for others to follow.
- Dr. Dennis Anderson
__._,_.___

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

123

------------------------------
------------------------------ Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...