Wonderland of Kirsty Mitchell


This amazing storybook without words named ‘Wonderland’ of Kirsty Mitchel, is an unexplained collection of strange and magical characters, set in the woodlands and landscapes that surrounded her home. Born in 1976 and raised in the English county of Kent, known to many as the ‘Garden of England’, Kirsty Mitchell began the project in the summer of 2009 and has been running for over 2.5 years. “The project began 7 months after my mother died, and was a turning point in my approach tophotography. It was the first time I had tried to incorporate all aspects of my creative training into one form. Mixing together my backgrounds in fashion design, costume making, my love of art history and film, as well as my passion for the natural beauty of English landscapes. In short, a melting pot of all my everyday interests, channeled into a very personal tribute to thememory of my mother, and the stories she read to me as a child… life has become a different place, ‘a second chance’ is maybe the only way to describe it, and for that I am so grateful. I have had my eyes opened, and no matter how sad the origin of it all was….. I will always cherish the fact this small and precious awakening has happened.”















कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

123

------------------------------
------------------------------ Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...