Religious Thought 101



As a great fish swims between the banks of a river as it likes, so does the shining Self move between the states of dreaming and waking.
- Brihadaranyaka Upanishad
__._,_.___

Put away all hindrances, let your mind full of love pervade one quarter of the world, and so too the second quarter, and so the third, and so the fourth. And thus the whole wide world, above, below, around and everywhere, altogether continue to pervade with love-filled thought, abounding, sublime, beyond measure, free from hatred and ill-will.
- Adapted from the Digha Nikaya
__._,_.___

Water said to the defiled, "Hurry come to me." The defiled replied, "But I feel ashamed before the water." Water said, "But without me how will you wash your shame? How will your filth be removed?" Shame hinders the faith of the tainted who hide from the water.
- Rumi
__._,_.___

Lord, take me where you want me to go, let me meet who you want me to meet, tell me what you want me to say, and keep me out of your way.
- Prayer of Father Mychal Judge
__._,_.___

Any plan formulated in a hurry is foolish.
- Rashi, Commentary on Job
__._,_.___

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

123

------------------------------
------------------------------ Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...